gall and gumption

Friday, October 12, 2007

It May Be A Little Bit Too Country in the Country


So I got a permanent gig at last that I can live with. It's in Virginia so I shall have to move from Germantown as it's nearly 40 miles, at least half that distance in dreadful traffic. This all came on rather quickly.

I could tell you about the one that got away, the one that came and wined and dined me took me for a ride in his private jet and left me with my eyes full of stars and my head completely turned. "I'll call you," he said looking deep into my eyes. "This was special." Did he call?

They never do. My mother maintains that I'm much happier without the bastard and I'm inclined to believe, well, it is necessary to believe it at this point otherwise I'd just be like whatsername neath the blossoms waiting. Still, when I read his name in the paper I wince. But I'm moving on...

...to this gig not in the center of the city. No he's not rich like that other fellow but he's a steady provider and promises me four weeks paid vacation a year and an honest day's pay. The location is out on the outer reaches of the Metro area. I may have to say goodbye to the bright lights of the city but perhaps I can make up for it in acreage, space, quiet, nature, etc. So when I saw the Craig's list posting advertising the house on 75 acres (not that far from the job, really, if it was fabulous it deserved consideration) I followed the link to the specimen of shitty-little-California-ranch-style above (interior below),



and realized I was looking at Larry the Cable Guy's pied a terre.

Leslie, via email, has suggested I should give up my dreams of being landed gentry. She has a new blog, The Bias Committee and you should drop by and take a look because that's where she's following through on her Jena experience. You can't march in a crowd every day, you know. You have to do the daily work too, and that's what she's doing.

4 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I particularly like the deer heads. It's good to have a place to hang your hat.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing says Caribbean heritage like a Confederate flag.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mont blanc pens, canada goose, uggs outlet, p90x workout, reebok shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, bottega veneta, north face jackets, ugg soldes, canada goose outlet, beats headphones, hollister, uggs outlet, soccer shoes, new balance outlet, asics shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, wedding dresses, ugg boots, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, ugg outlet, celine handbags, birkin bag, replica watches, nike roshe, nfl jerseys, north face jackets, vans outlet, nike trainers, ugg, ghd, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, mac cosmetics, ugg boots, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, nike huarache, uggs on sale, jimmy choo shoes, marc jacobs outlet

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

links of london uk, swarovski jewelry, moncler, pandora uk, canada goose, supra shoes, ray ban, timberland shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, thomas sabo uk, coach outlet, vans, gucci, hollister canada, parajumpers outlet, oakley, canada goose, moncler, swarovski uk, montre femme, louis vuitton canada, moncler, wedding dress, uggs canada, converse shoes, air max, lancel, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, hollister clothing, moncler, baseball bats, pandora charms, louboutin, ralph lauren, replica watches, converse, ugg, moncler outlet, canada goose, karen millen, iphone 6 case, moncler, nike air max, pandora jewelry, canada goose pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home