gall and gumption

Monday, January 15, 2007

I Am Asking a Favor

Do not tell me about the boiling frog experiment. I already know about the boiling frog experiment. I hate hearing about the wretched boiling frog experiment and I already get the concept that it is trying to explain. It is a very old idea and it was old when the boiling frog experiment was new and now the boiling frog experiment is old. I do not need to hear about the boiling frog experiment any more, I got it the first time. Now I can just go right to whatever you are trying to tell me about that is illustrated by the boiling frog experiment. There may be people who need to be helped out by having the boiling frog experiment explained to them in slow painful detail. I am not one of those people. I am one of the people who already gets it. I have moved on. I don't need to linger there. You will bore and piss me off if you tell me about the goddam boiling frog experiment, OK?

In fact, don't tell me about any psychological experiments, period. I hate them all. I ask you this favor with a heart full of love.

Thank you.

5 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O my friend, i have compassion for your having suffered yet another rendition of the boiling frog experiment, and yet this makes me laugh. a lot.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kia, what is the boiling frog experiment? --Max

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Kia said...

Nice try, Max! How long have you known me now? I'm not as green as I used to be, you know. You hang about here for months and I don't get a peep out of you, and when you do speak up it's to ask me about the boiling frog experiment.

Oh and now if someone else answers your question the damn thing will be here!

You'll all be talking about it. Silence for months out of the lot of you, you are small and select but so quiet and now, you finally decide to get all chatty and it's about the boiling frog experiment.

Oh the sublime and perfect perversity of it. And all started by -- I just can't even believe it. Et tu Max is all I can say.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgive me for clinging to this topic, but i believe the first version i heard had to do with lobsters.

 
At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ordered drinks and when the drinks came she said "Please, please I don't want to talk about the boiling frog experiment." He sat looking at their drinks. "Well, maybe when we get to France," she said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home