gall and gumption

Sunday, July 22, 2007

My Visit to the Drugstore

There, in a big end-of-aisle display I saw what looked to be possibly some new kind of -- well I didn't know what it was to tell the truth. Got up a little closer to take a look and discovered what it was (a weight-loss drug) by reading the very conspicuous warning that included this alarming detail.

Treatment effects (side effects) occur when a patient taking alli consumes a meal with too much fat; Treatment effects include loose or more frequent stools that may be hard to control, an urgent need to go to the bathroom, and gas with oily discharge...


I just hope it comes with a similar warning for anybody who sits next to the user on an airplane. Then you can join in the program. Lean across the seat and -- "No butter for you on this flight, neighbor!"-- take the offending items right off the tray table.

Yes, I do need to get out more. I missed my chance to go here today and yesterday, and now I admit it I'm sulking. How did I miss my chance? By making my departure contingent on the doings of two other people whose convenience and pleasure (and assertions as to when they would be home or when they would call) in relation to my own activity I was foolish enough to consult.

Remind me never to do thatagain, would you?