gall and gumption

Monday, September 29, 2008

Good Morning!

Gonna buy my niece a bunch of Philip Pullman books for Christmas, heh heh.

My basic objection to religion is not that it isn't true; I like plenty of things that aren't true. It's that religion grants its adherents malign, intoxicating and morally corrosive sensations. Destroying intellectual freedom is always evil, but only religion makes doing evil feel quite so good.

Except possibly the transcendent extra specialness of being an American ignorant racist clodhopping murderous Christian shit-for-brains.

DAYTON — Baboucarr Njie was preparing for his prayer session Friday night, Sept. 26, when he heard children in the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton coughing. Soon, Njie himself was overcome with fits of coughing and, like the rest of those in the building, headed for the doors.

"I would stay outside for a minute, then go back in, there were a lot of kids," Njie said. "My throat is still itchy, I need to get some milk."

Njie was one of several affected when a suspected chemical irritant was sprayed into the mosque at 26 Josie St., bringing Dayton police, fire and hazardous material personnel to the building at 9:48 p.m.


Go get 'em, Fatso.

Update: Added link that I forgot to add.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kia,
this is your long lost friend lani asher. I am coming to DC in early december to see my nephew who goes to georgetown before he goes to Egypt. Mary p told me you moved to DC proper. I would love to see you and even spend a night on your couch.

Lani

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kia said...

You can have the bed. It's huge. By the time you get here the new couch will smell like dog. My email address still works so send the details when you have them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home