gall and gumption

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Mysterious West: The Reason for the Season


I went out for Dim Sum today with my dad and my cousin, so all things considered it seemed appropriate to the day to share with you my latest dollar store find. There is a dollar store here that is a dollarific cornucopia of Occidental mystery. I must consider it a good thing that the parking lot is almost impossible to get in and out of. William Morris said (I'm not quoting him exactly) that you should have nothing in your house that isn't both beautiful and useful. This is excellent advice, if not always practical -- or so I would have thought until I saw that you could make a pair of toenail clippers beautiful by putting Jesus on them, and make them doubly useful by making them also a beer bottle opener.