gall and gumption

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Update

I am sorry for the long break in posting. Blame it on events:

1. Family crisis that has been dragging on for more than three months – the sort of eat it, drink it, sleep it, walk it, poop it and bore your long-suffering friends with it family crisis. Also expensive, emotionally draining and requiring many many phone calls.
2. I quit the awful job. That is a tale to tell all by itself, but now at least I don’t have to open phone calls with the greeting, “Have I mentioned lately how much I hate my fucking job?” And that is nice.
3. I’m back among the good people at the Big Important Scientific Institution, and I feel that I have had a lucky escape. However, my commute takes 1.5 to 2 hours each way.
4. Took on a rather demanding editing project for a friend in exchange for some coaching services from same friend and the coaching is at least as demanding as the editing.
5. Making an effort to get one Notebook project to the next stage.
6. Having to mow the acre of lawn and whack weeds.
7. Having to look for new housing, not quite in the middle of nowhere. (A place has been found, by the way, in DC itself). Much as I’ve enjoyed the Tick Ranch, and much as the dogs have enjoyed it, enough is enough.
8. Having to pack and move and dispose of stuff.
9. I’m basically in the middle of all of this, though the editing project is finished and the quitting of the last job is obviously still not going on.

In the middle of all of this I was actually working on a long piece of bloggage. But I got stuck and then I just got stubborn. I've spent weeks writing and rewriting this thing and it's so tracked over, out of date and irrelevant that the best thing to do would be to let it die a natural death.

Now this all sounds terrible. But the net of it is good and, except for the family crisis which I could well do without, is tending towards better.

Even the long commute is an improvement as I am guaranteed about three hours of reading a day. And I can’t tell you how much I’ve been enjoying that. But of course I will.

7 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Kia. I worried you had fallen in a bog, the dogs hysterical and unfed, and neighbors too far away or too deep in their hammocks to care. Praise the lord, I can get my fix again.
PS

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kia,
When you're ready to write again, I'll be ready to read.
--Bob

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been having a family crisis. I hope you and family are all okay.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mont blanc pens, canada goose, uggs outlet, p90x workout, reebok shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, bottega veneta, north face jackets, ugg soldes, canada goose outlet, beats headphones, hollister, uggs outlet, soccer shoes, new balance outlet, asics shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, wedding dresses, ugg boots, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, ugg outlet, celine handbags, birkin bag, replica watches, nike roshe, nfl jerseys, north face jackets, vans outlet, nike trainers, ugg, ghd, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, mac cosmetics, ugg boots, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, nike huarache, uggs on sale, jimmy choo shoes, marc jacobs outlet

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

links of london uk, swarovski jewelry, moncler, pandora uk, canada goose, supra shoes, ray ban, timberland shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, thomas sabo uk, coach outlet, vans, gucci, hollister canada, parajumpers outlet, oakley, canada goose, moncler, swarovski uk, montre femme, louis vuitton canada, moncler, wedding dress, uggs canada, converse shoes, air max, lancel, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, hollister clothing, moncler, baseball bats, pandora charms, louboutin, ralph lauren, replica watches, converse, ugg, moncler outlet, canada goose, karen millen, iphone 6 case, moncler, nike air max, pandora jewelry, canada goose pas cher

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap jordans
michael kors outlet
rolex replica
coach handbags
ecco shoes
tennessee titans jersey
oakley sunglasses
boston celtics jersey
ed hardy
falcons jersey

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike roshe
washington redskins jerseys
chicago bears jerseys
michael kors handbags
new balance outlet
mont blanc pens
miami heat
cheap michael kors handbags
new balance shoes
michael kors handbags
2017.6.20

 

Post a Comment

<< Home