gall and gumption

Friday, May 29, 2009

Test

Jeff, in Sardinia, is having trouble posting photos. This is just to see if it's a Sardinia problem or a blogger problem.

Some of you might be able to pick out your author from the crowd. People were always telling me not to squint in photographs, but somehow I always found myself looking into the sun. Consequently I look like a savage--which I mostly was in fourth grade. You may just make out that I have my hair in two braids and parted at the side. If my mother didn't comb my hair this way there was hell to pay. I probably hated whatever clothes I was wearing. That I was scowling and also barely visible seemed just exactly fitting at the time, a perfect expression of how much of a misfit I already felt myself to be. I spent a lot of time daydreaming. I was not a teacher's pet. But I somehow found myself at the top of the class the end of the school year, and had no recollection of making any effort to put myself there.

2 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give us another hint. Are you on the far left in high socks? What do you remember about that teacher?

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks. I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. Celebrity net worth is a website which reports estimates of the total assets and financial activities of celebrities. Read it for more information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home