gall and gumption

Thursday, May 31, 2007

...But You Never Think It Will Happen To You

Received an email from a dear friend via my J-school class mailing list, and wrote him the usual personal reply, if anything a bit more personal than usual, given that we usually discuss figures of speech in English (he's Japanese and sort of collects them and I explain them). Hit the "Send" button and when I checked my mail a little later, my message was in my mailbox, which is when I realized that I had sent it out to the entire class -- or at least the diehards who are still on it.

Worst of all I signed myself off "your blinky lighthouse" -- reference to a an old private running joke between us.

Update: It could have been worse. Much worse. Thank you, reader L 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home